Dr Jan Gothard - Health and Disability Specialist
Dr Jan Gothard is a registered migration agent and one of Australia’s leading visa health and disability specialists.
Jan has researched and published extensively in the area of migration and disability and has been an advocate in a number of high profile disability cases over the past decade on behalf of the Down Syndrome Association of Australia. She currently advises clients of the WA AIDS Council, Down Syndrome Australia and the Humanitarian Group on health or disability-related migration matters
Jan has been a leading voice and advocate for migration reform in the health and disability space and has appeared before various Senate committees, including the Joint Standing Committee on Migration in relation to the 2010 Inquiry into the Migration Treatment of Disability. In 2001 she was awarded a Centenary medal for services to literature and society.
- Successful Administrative Appeals Tribunal decision (HIV)
- Successful Ministerial Intervention request (Parent Visa– health issues)
- Successful in obtaining PIC4007 health waiver for permanent visa (clients with MS)
- Successful Administrative Appeals Tribunal decision (health waiver PIC4006A)
- Successful reduction of Medical Officer of the Commonwealth health costing - $6m to $1m
- Fast track case to Ministerial Intervention (carer Visa)
- 21 April 2019: ABC News, Two year old boy faces ‘painful and premature death’ as deportation looms
- 4 June 2019: ABC News, boy with down syndrome, leukaemia likely to go into foster care is Chinese mom is deported
- 2 February 2018: The Conversation, Visa policy for overseas students is nonsensical and discriminatory